How to Guide – A Simple Method to create a Site Specific Plugin for WordPress website.
A Simple Method to create a Site Specific Plugin for WordPress
In our Past article, we see about How to create a WordPress child theme in this post we are going to see About how to create a Site Specific Plugin for WordPress website.
before that I don’t want to give the big explanation for this article I want to share why we use Site Specific Plugin for WordPress in short and sweet Message When we use a Child theme for add some Extra design and Custom Functionality for our WordPress theme.
We use functions.php file for adding some custom functions in our WordPress website but here the question is already we have the functions.php file in our child theme yes it is an Another simple method to Maintain and protect our WordPress custom edits from the Parent theme updates.
Benefits of using Site-Specific WordPress Plugin
- Add your Custom code and functionalities
- Plugin control in your hand ( No Override issues )
- Easy to Manage and edit
How to create a Site-Specific WordPress Plugin
- Create a New Folder in your WordPress Plugin Installed Directory wp-content/plugins create Folder in that directory Example – /wp-content/plugins/mywebsite-plugin/
- Now create a blank PHP file in your Site-Specific WordPress Plugin Folder (/wp-content/plugins/mywebsite-plugin/) Next save it as mywebsite-plugin.php
- Paste this Below code on the PHP File
<?php /* Plugin Name: Site Plugin for mywebsite.com Version: 1.0 Author: Your Name or your website Name Description: Custom functions for My WordPress Site */ /* Start Adding Functions Below this Line */ .. Your custom functionalities goes here.... /* Stop Adding Functions Below this Line */ ?>
- that’s all save it and open to your WordPress dashboard go to plugins > installed plugins now you can find your Site-Specific WordPress Plugin on the installed plugins dashboard
- Next simply activate the plugin & Start adding the Functions 🙂
Other WordPress Guide
If you have Any Doubts in this Topic Please Feel Free to Comment Here I will Guide you.
Your feedback helps us improve Allwebtuts.com